The Library System of the Pavia University has activated online access to several e-books and e-journals.
The list of the e-journals and e-books with reserved or free online access is available in Link Up (the specific service dedicated to the online resources) and in the Pavia Union Catalogue (OPAC) and the Italian union Catalogue of Serials (ACNP).
WHO CAN ACCESS MATERIAL ONLINE?
According to the terms of the licences defined by each editor, there are different kinds of online access for the University users specified in the resource record in the catalogues.
The most common kinds of online access are:
- Institutional Access: all the networked computers in the University of Pavia are enabled. The remote access is also available to all institutional users through Proxybib and, for some e-resources, also through Shibbolet/Institutional login.
- Local Access: Only a restricted number of computers are enabled.
- Access with password: A password is required to access reserved contents. The particular library where this information can be obtained is specified in the catalogues.
TOOLS FOR SEARCHING E-JOURNALS AND E-BOOKS
Link UP gives the user a list of services available for each title (the url of the full text, where available, the link to the OPAC, the link to the Document Delivery service, etc.). The list is available:
- from the A-Z LIST of the E-JOURNALS available through subscription from the University Library System or free online.
- from the A-Z LIST of the E-BOOKS available through subscription from the University or freely available online.
- from the SFX-compatible databases .
PAVIA UNION CATALOGUE (OPAC)
In this catalogue all the e-journals and e-books available through subscription from the University along with some freely accessed material are listed.
The records of e-journals include the URL, the conditions of access and the volumes available.
The e-journals can be searched for only by journal title and not by article title or article author.